Friday, October 22, 2004

First Aphorisms

I
I do not write mere words: they are a gathering of metaphysical vapour condensed into an ice cube of language.
II
Not for infinite cosmos, nor eternal time, would I trade for a single crystal fragment of your tear.
III
The softness of your fingernails etches ever so deeply into my cheek.
IV
Between our palms lies such radiating love compressed into a common pebble.
V
"Whatever can be spoken is dead." Hence I hear not your speech, but your voice, your music.
VI
Only when we look into each other's eyes do we capture the fleeting shadow of our identity - but how often do we dare to do that?
VII
That momentary gaze is joyous as a perfect circle, incomprehensible as a two-sided triangle, and haunting as an asymtote.
VIII
Only now do I realize that your absence tears apart the space-time fabric of my consciousness, a black hole that sucks away my words of comfort, leaving me with nothing but a string of atonal elegy.
IX
Dance and laugh! For those are the only activities that separates us from the dead. (No more Spirit of Gravity!)
X
Too often do we take a joke seriously - it is time we take seriousness jokingly.
XI
When Memory mixes with Fiction, like a drop of blood into a cup of water, it is the birth of Poetry.
XII
Which of you am I thinking of when I wrote all this? And which of me was doing the writing?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one was interesting.

1:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. I JUST discovered the "post anonymously" button ... I'm not sure I see how this poem is so different from the other ones, though.... Spirit of gravity?? You've gotta explain that one to me later. heh... or was it something you made up?? ^^ love the references to science & math...... hahah

11:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home